Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 08/10/23
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IT SETS FORTH THE LEGALLY BINDING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
FLORENCE BY MILLS BIRTHDAY SWEEPSTAKES
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY / RELEASE OF LIABILITY / PRIZE ACCEPTANCE AGREEMENT MAY BE REQUIRED.
- ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- ENTRY VIA INSTAGRAM ONLY AND INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED. “PRIVATE” INSTAGRAM ACCOUNTS MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEND ENTRIES.
- THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC. (“FACEBOOK”) OR INSTAGRAM, LLC (“INSTAGRAM”). INDIVIDUALS MUST FOLLOW @FLORENCEBYMILLS ON INSTAGRAM FOR PURPOSES OF RECEIVING MESSAGES ABOUT THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
- NOTE TO ALL MINOR ENTRANTS: YOU MUST ASK YOUR PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN FOR PERMISSION AND HELP TO ENTER. EACH WINNER’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN WILL BE REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PRIZE FULFILLMENT PROCESS AND REQUIRED TO EXECUTE THE PRIZE ACCEPTANCE DOCUMENTS OR THE PRIZE MAY BE FORFEITED.
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS (AND AN ENTRANT’S PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN ON HIS/HER BEHALF IN THE CASE OF A MINOR ENTRANT) AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. Florence by mills birthday week Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are and who are at least thirteen (13) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Give Back Beauty, LLC, (“Florence” or “Sponsor”), and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects. Each minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by these Official Rules both individually and on behalf of the entrant.
- 2. Entry Period. The Sweepstakes begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on August 26, 2023 and all entries must be received by the Sponsor on or before 11:59 p.m. PST on September 2, 2023 (the “Entry Period”).
Limit of one (1) entry per person (regardless of method) will be accepted during each Entry Period (one comment per Sponsor-provided post within the entry period). Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries that are in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Illegible and/or incomplete entries and entries submitted by entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. Those who do not follow all of the instructions or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the Instagram service that may interfere with the Sweepstakes (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use such services for the Sweepstakes as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via Instagram, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute concerning who submitted an entry, the entry will be declared to have been made by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the account for the potentially winning entrant, but only if that person meets all other eligibility criteria or if that person is the approving parent or legal guardian of a minor participant who meets all of the eligibility criteria. A registered “account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the registered account holder for the email address associated with the account for the potentially winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Any damage made to any website or the Instagram service will be the responsibility of the registered account holder of the email address for the account submitted at the time of entry. Sponsor may run multiple campaigns, contests, sweepstakes or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest or sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other.
MOBILE DISCLOSURE: If you opt to receive Sponsor’s messages, including any prize notification or other Sweepstakes-related messages, via text message to your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter), standard text messaging rates will apply for each text message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile phone and text message means that you understand that you may receive additional text messages from Sponsor relating to this Sweepstakes, including to notify you if you are a potential winner in this Sweepstakes, which will be subject to the charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Cell phone service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
4. Winner Selection and Prize Claiming. There will be one (1) winner selected in this Sweepstakes. The potential winner will be selected through a random drawing on or about September 3, 2023. The entries that will be included in the drawing will be determined by searching the Instagram platform for individuals who posted an image and included the required hashtag in their entry. All entries from Instagram from each Entry Period will be pooled together and the potential winner for each Entry Period will be selected from all valid entries to the Sweepstakes received during each applicable Entry Period in accordance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified as described below within a commercially reasonable time after the drawing. The potential winners will be contacted by Sponsor either through a direct message on Instagram (if such functionality is available) or through a comment on the potentially winning post and Sponsor will provide an email address (or other contact information) where the potential winner can send or otherwise deliver their prize claim. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon notification or the posting of a comment on the potentially winning post via Instagram. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for failure of a potential winner to contact Sponsor after being notified that they are a potential winner. It is each potential winner’s responsibility to set his or her account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check his/her account for any messages. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes, and of selection of the winners. Decisions of the Sponsor as to the selection of the winners will be final.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prizes. If any potential prize winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prizes to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize winner under the age of majority in his or her state of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize winner to be qualified to receive his or her prizes. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prizes. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
- Odds. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes and Values. The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive each of the following prizes with a total, approximate retail value (“ARV”) $200 worth of florence by mills product.
Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide a winner with his or her prizes, the Sponsor may elect to provide winner with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. In the event a prize winner engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor or any prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early. All prizes are awarded “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied (including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose). Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The ARV of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prizes will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of winner, or if a minor in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, for the actual value of the prizes received. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. Sponsor is not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach a winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The winner is strictly prohibited from selling, auctioning, trading or otherwise transferring any part of the prize. The total ARV of all of the prizes awarded in this Sweepstakes is Two Hundred Dollars ($200) (USD). Sponsor is not responsible for and a winner will not receive the difference, in any, between the actual value of the prizes at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Sweepstakes-related correspondence or material. Prizes will only be mailed to each verified winner’s physical mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, winners irrevocably grant the Sweepstakes Entities and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Sweepstakes, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration except for the awarding of the prizes to the winners. Entrants agree not to issue any publicity concerning the Sweepstakes Entities.
- Tampering with Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Sweepstakes, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE) OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Sweepstakes by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Sweepstakes by any party, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence) Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes; or (b) to disqualify any entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner.
- Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, liability, costs, losses, damages or injuries of any kind arising out of or related to entrants’ participation in the Sweepstakes and/or related to any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, related to participation in the Sweepstakes; or arising out of any violation of rights of publicity or privacy, or claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light; or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; or from any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Sweepstakes activity and/or prize). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, entrants agree that the Released Parties: (a) have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (b) will not be responsible or liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or other irregularity that may be caused or contributed to by the wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Released Parties, and by any cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Released Parties. Entrants agree and that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access Instagram or Sponsor or affiliated entities’ respective websites, or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Sweepstakes; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; errors, typos or misprints in these Official Rules, in any Sweepstakes-related advertisements or other material and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a Supplier that may be sent along with a prize. Sponsor is not responsible for the actions of entrants in connection with the Sweepstakes, including entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims. If entrant is an eligible minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must agree to these Official Rules, including, without limitation, this Section.
- Entry Information and Sweepstakes Communications. As a condition of entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information entrants provide to Sponsor may be used to communicate with entrant in relation to this Sweepstakes or on a Sweepstakes winner’s list.
- Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- Dispute Resolution. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Los Angeles County, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Chicago, IL, New York City, NY, San Francisco, CA, Atlanta, GA or Dallas, TX (whichever is closest to entrant’s residence); provided, however, if none of these locations are convenient for the hearing, the parties may mutually agree on an alternative location. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco County, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- 14. List of Sweepstakes Winners/Official Rules Requests. To receive a list of the winners, send a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “florence by mills birthday sweepsakes ”, Give Back Beauty, LLC. 8 The Green Suite #4220 Dover, DE 19901 within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Entry Period or via email to “email@example.com”. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a legal-size, self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “florence by mills birthday sweepstakes”, Give Back Beauty, LLC. 8 The Green Suite #4220 Dover, DE 19901 prior to the end of the Entry Perio
- Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Give Back Beauty, LLC. 8 The Green Suite #4220 Dover, DE 1990.
If You Want to Use This Site, then carefully read these entire Terms (including all links to details), as they constitute a written agreement between you and us and they affect your legal rights and obligations. Each time you access and/or use the Site (other than to simply read these Terms), you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below) then posted. Therefore, do not use the Site if you do not agree.
The business realities associated with operating the Site are such that, without the conditions that are set forth in these Terms -- such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and arbitration of certain disputes -- Florence would not make the Site available to you.
Table of Contents
It is important that you read and understand these entire Terms before using the Site. This table of contents further highlights some key issues and points.
1. Site Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
We only grant you a limited revocable license to use the Site for your own non-commercial use subject to rules and limitations.
2. Site and Content Use Restrictions
Your use is subject to our rules.
3. Opening and Terminating Accounts
You may open, revise and close your accounts.
4. Terms Applicable to Purchases
If you purchase goods or services through the Florence store, these terms apply.
5. Content You Submit and Community Usage Rules
You grant us a broad license, which we may sublicense, to the content you submit which you represent you have the right to allow us to use. You, however, retain ownership of, and responsibility for, your content. Use of our Site is subject to community usage rules and we have the right to manage our Site to keep its content appropriate.
6. Procedure For Alleging Copyright Infringement
Users may not post content they do not own or control, and may be suspended or terminated if they do so. Copyright owners may give us notice of infringement by following specific instructions specifically addressed in this section.
7. Procedure For Alleging Infringement of Other Intellectual Property
You can also give notice of infringements other intellectual property rights, for example trademark and other rights, that you think occur on the Site.
8. Notices, Questions and Customer Service
Click here to contact us for customer service or questions. You agree that we may provide you notices, including notices of changes to the Terms or new terms and conditions, by posting notice on the homepage of the Site or by other reasonable means, such as to the email you provided.
9. Links by You to the Site
You may link to our Site, subject to some basic rules.
10. Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
We are not responsible for third parties or their content, advertisements, apps or sites.
11. Wireless & Location Based Features and Other Telephonic Communications
Wireless carrier charges may apply to use of the Site via wireless networks or Devices. Providing telephone numbers and other contact information.
12. Dispute Resolution
You agree to arbitrate most disputes and waive jury trial and class actions.
13. Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
We disclaim most warranties and provide the Site “As Is”.
14. Limitations of our Liability
Our liability is greatly limited.
15. Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
You waive equitable or injunctive relief.
16. Updates to Terms
These Terms and Additional Terms posted on the Site at each time of use apply to that use, and the Terms may be prospectively updated as our Site evolves. Posting of new terms on the Site is notice to you thereof.
17. General Provisions
You agree to various other terms and conditions.
Full Details of Terms and Conditions
1. Site Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
a) Content. The Site contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Florence, Florence' products and mission statement, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, articles, posts, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Site, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Site and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, trade dress, logos, trade names, service marks, and/or trade identities of various parties, including those of Florence (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”).
b) Ownership. The Site (including past, present and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Florence and our licensors and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Site is the property of Florence or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Florence owns the copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Site.
c) Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and all applicable Additional Terms, Florence grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a “Device”) for your personal, non-commercial use only. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Florence’ sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content, subject to certain Additional Terms.
d) Rights of Others. When using the Site, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Florence and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability.
2. Site and Content Use Restrictions
a) Site Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (i) use the Site for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Trademarks; (iii) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Site that seek to, attempt to or do harm to any individuals or entities, or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Florence; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Site source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Site; (v) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Site or the proper operation of the Site, or otherwise causes harm to the Site, Florence, or other users of the Site; (vi) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Site or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Site, the Content, or the User-Generated Content; (vii) harvest or otherwise collect or store any information (including Personal Data of other users of the Site, including email addresses, without the express consent Florence and of such users); (viii) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other computer systems or networks connected to the Site, through password mining or any other means; or (ix) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
b) Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Site: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Site by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content; (vi) you will not copy, modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate or transfer to any third party or on any third-party application or website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Florence or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
c) Availability of Site and Content. Florence may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Site and Content (and any elements and features of them), in whole or in part, for any reason, in Florence’ sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
d) Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Site. These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Site. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Florence and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Site for any purpose is prohibited.
3) Opening and Terminating Accounts
If you register for any feature that requires a password and/or username, then you will select your own password at the time of registration (or we may send you an email notification with a randomly generated initial password) and you agree that: (i) You will not use a username (or e-mail address) that is already being used by someone else, may impersonate another person, belongs to another person, violates the intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity, or is offensive. We may reject the use of any password, username, or e-mail address for any other reason in our sole discretion; (ii) You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete registration information about yourself in connection with the registration process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (iii) You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your account, password, and username – whether or not you authorized the activity; (iv) You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for restricting access to your Device so that others may not access any password protected portion of the Site using your name, username, or password; (v) You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account, password, or username, or any other breach of security; and (vi) You will not sell, transfer, or assign your account or any account rights.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations.
If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide, is false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or violates these Terms, any Additional Terms, or any applicable law, then we may suspend or terminate your account. We also reserve the more general and broad right to terminate your account or suspend or otherwise deny you access to it or its benefits – all in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without advance notice or liability. If you would like to close your Site account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Account Closure Request” in the subject line and provide us with the full name and email address associated with your account.
4. Terms Applicable For Purchases
a) Generally. To purchase any products or services in the Florence online store, you must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or the applicable age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence. Prior to the purchase of any products or services, you must provide us with a valid credit card number and associated payment information including all of the following: (i) your name as it appears on the card, (ii) your credit card number, (iii) the date of expiration, and (iv) any activation numbers or codes needed to charge your card. By submitting that information to us or our third party credit card processor, you hereby authorize us and/or our processor to charge your card at our convenience but within thirty (30) days of credit card authorization. For any product or service that you order on the Site, you agree to pay the price applicable (including any sales taxes and surcharges) as of the time you submit the order. Florence will automatically bill your credit card or other forms of payment submitted as part of the order process for such price. Please note that we do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price drop or promotional offering.
b) Methods of Payment, Credit Card Terms and Taxes. All payments must be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express. We currently do not accept cash, personal or business checks or any other payment form, although in the future we may change this policy. Your card issuer agreement governs your use of your designated card, and you must refer to that agreement and not these Terms to determine your rights and liabilities as a cardholder. You hereby represent and warrant that you will not use any credit card or other forms of payment unless you have all necessary legal authorization to do so. YOU, AND NOT FLORENCE, ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYING ANY UNAUTHORIZED AMOUNTS BILLED TO YOUR CREDIT CARD BY A THIRD PARTY. You agree to pay all fees and charges incurred in connection with your purchases (including any applicable taxes) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. Unless you notify Florence of any discrepancies within sixty (60) days after they first appear on your credit card statement, you agree that they will be deemed accepted by you for all purposes. If Florence does not receive payment from your credit card issuer or its agent, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by Florence or its agents. Sales taxes, or other taxes, customs, import/export charges, or similar governmental charges are not included in the price of the products. You are responsible for paying any such taxes or charges imposed on your purchases, including, but not limited to, sales, use or value-added taxes. Florence shall automatically charge and withhold the applicable tax for orders to be delivered to addresses within and any states or localities that it deems is required in accordance with our order policy in effect at the time of purchase.
c) Return Policy. All purchase transactions made through the Site are subject to Florence’ return policy in effect at the time of purchase. If you’re dissatisfied with a product for any reason at all and would like to return them, get in touch with us at email@example.com within 14 days of receiving your item(s) and we can look into your return options. If fourteen (14) days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange. Gift cards purchased on the Site are non-refundable.
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund. To return your product, please include your order number* and mail all Florence items to:
Attn: FLORENCE Returns
Capacity California Fulfillment Center
16180 Ornelas St
Irwindale CA 91706
Florence cannot guarantee that we will receive your returned item. Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but we do not offer exchanges at this time. If an item arrives broken or defective, please contact us at email@example.com, and a refund will be provided at Florence' discretion.
d) Order Acceptance Policy. Your receipt of an electronic or other forms of order confirmation does not signify our acceptance of your order, nor does it constitute confirmation of our offer to sell. Florence reserves the right at any time after receipt of your order to accept or decline your order for any reason. Florence further reserves the right any time after receipt of your order, without prior notice to you, to supply less than the quantity you ordered of any item. Your order will be deemed accepted upon shipment of products that you have ordered. We may require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that, if we cancel all or a portion of your order or if we provide you less than the quantity you ordered, your sole and exclusive remedy is either that: (a) we will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount charged for the cancelled portion or the quantity not provided (if your credit card has already been charged for the order) or (b) we will not charge your credit card for the cancelled portion of the order or the quantity not provided. Do not assume that a cancellation or change of an order you have placed with Florence has been effected until you receive a confirmation from Florence via email or the Site. As stated above, you will be responsible for, and your credit card or third-party payment account may be charged for, the payment of all fees associated with orders already processed or shipped before your cancellation/change request or a request to terminate your account was received.
e) No Responsibility to Sell Mislabeled Products. We do our best to describe every item, product or service offered on this Site as accurately as possible. However, we are human, and therefore we do not warrant that specifications or pricing on the Site is complete, accurate, reliable, current, or error-free. In the event of any errors relating to the pricing or specifications of any item, product or service, Florence shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders in its sole discretion. If we charged your credit card or other accounts prior to cancellation, we will issue a credit to your account in the amount of the charge. Additional terms may apply. If a product you purchased from Florence is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition, complete and undamaged, in the original packaging.
f) Modifications to Prices or Billing Terms. The purchase of products and services on the Site is subject to availability. PRODUCTS AND SERVICES DISPLAYED ON THE SITE MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES AND MAY BE SUBSTITUTED OR DISCONTINUED AT ANY TIME. FLORENCE RESERVES THE RIGHT, AT ANY TIME, TO CHANGE ITS PRICES AND BILLING METHODS FOR SERVICES SOLD, EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY UPON POSTING ON THE SITE OR BY E-MAIL DELIVERY TO YOU.
g) Membership Subscriptions. This Site may offer you the option to sign up for a subscription plan (the “Subscription Plan”). Additional information about the various Subscription Plans, including terms and pricing, will be made available on the Site, as applicable.
You may purchase the Subscription Plan online using any major credit card (unless other payment terms are agreed). The amounts charged to such credit card shown at the time of the transaction. Subscription Plans will auto-renew at the end of the subscription period unless you terminate your subscription.
Purchases of membership subscriptions on the Site are nonrefundable, have no monetary value (i.e., are not a cash account or equivalent), and are purchases of only a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable right to use, even if such came with a durational term (e.g., a monthly subscription). We may change our prices at any time without notice to you. However, the rights attaching to a Subscription Plan you have purchased do not change if there is a price change after your purchase date. Any further purchases will be at the revised price.
We use a secure third party service provider (e.g. Stripe) to process all payments you make from us. You agree and acknowledge that Florence is not a payment card processor and does not process payment card transactions and only relays information generated in connection with your payment processing to processors. You should read and understand the terms on which that service provider accepts and processes that payment, a link to which is provided to you as part of the purchase process. By transacting on the Site, you are taken to have read and accepted those terms. We are not responsible to you for any breach of those terms by that service provider.
If we suspend or terminate any usage subscriptions, then you will forfeit the suspended or terminated subscription or items, except as may be set forth in any Additional Terms (such as any refund policies that may apply to a subscription service). Likewise, except as may be set forth in any Additional Terms or as required by applicable law, or providing you any credit or refund or any other sum, in the event of our modification of any usage subscriptions, or for loss or damage due to error, or any other reason.
h) Promotional codes. Using a promotional or discount code on the site is subject to rules and regulations set forth. A promo code cannot be used in combination with another promo code. Gift sets, bundles and other items with a value already associated are not eligible for purchase with a discount code.
5. Content You Submit and Community Usage Rules
a. User-Generated Content.
(i) General. Florence may now or in the future offer users of the Site the opportunity to create, build, post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Site (collectively, “submit”) messages, avatars, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, responses, sounds, music, videos, information, content, ratings, reviews, data, questions, suggestions, personally identifiable information, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, “User-Generated Content”). Florence may allow you to do this through forums, blogs, message boards, social networking environments, contact us tools, email, and other communications functionality. Subject to the license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User-Generated Content and you remain ultimately responsible for it.
(iii) License to Florence of Your User-Generated Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms (such as a contest official rules), which specifically govern the submission of your User-Generated Content, you hereby grant to Florence, and you agree to grant to Florence, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User-Generated Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User-Generated Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User-Generated Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or Sites. You understand that in exercising such rights metadata, notices and content may be removed or altered, including copyright management information, and you consent thereto and represent and warrant you have all necessary authority to do so. In order to further affect the rights and license that you grant to Florence to your User-Generated Content, you also hereby grant to Florence, and agree to grant to Florence, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User-Generated Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User-Generated Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 5(a)(iii).
(iv) Exclusive Right to Manage Our Site. Florence may, but will not have any obligation to, review, monitor, display, post, store, maintain, accept, or otherwise make use of, any of your User-Generated Content, and Florence may, in its sole discretion, reject, delete, move, re-format, remove or refuse to post or otherwise make use of User-Generated Content without notice or any liability to you or any third party in connection with our operation of User-Generated Content venues in an appropriate manner. Without limitation, we may do so to address content that comes to our attention that we believe is offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or to enforce the rights of third parties or these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, including, without limitation, the content restrictions set forth in the Site & Content Use Restrictions (defined in Section 2(b)). Such User-Generated Content submitted by you or others need not be maintained on the Site by us for any period of time and you will not have the right, once submitted, to access, archive, maintain, or otherwise use such User-Generated Content on the Site or elsewhere.
(v) Representations and Warranties Related to Your User-Generated Content. Each time you submit any User-Generated Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside or are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User-Generated Content you submit, and that, as to that User-Generated Content: (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User-Generated Content, or you have a lawful right to submit the User-Generated Content and grant Florence the rights to it that you are granting by these Terms and any Additional Terms, all without any Florence obligation to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of Florence; (b) the User-Generated Content is accurate; (c) the User-Generated Content does not and, as to Florence’ permitted uses and exploitation set forth in these Terms, will not infringe any intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and (d) the User-Generated Content will not violate these Terms (including the Rules) or any Additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
(vi) Enforcement. Florence has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User-Generated Content, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User-Generated Content, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at Florence' cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Florence as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
- Community Usage Rules. As a user of the Site, these Community Usage Rules (“Rules”) are here to help you understand the conduct that is expected of members of the Site’s online communities (“Communities”).
(i) Nature of Rules. Your participation in the Communities is subject to all of the Terms, including these Rules:
- Your User-Generated Content. All of your User-Generated Content either must be original with you or you must have all necessary rights in it from third parties in order to permit you to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms. Your User-Generated Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases, or trademarks that belong to third parties. Do not use any User-Generated Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet. If anyone contributes to your User-Generated Content or has any rights to your User-Generated Content, or if anyone appears or is referred to in the User-Generated Content, then you must also have their permission to submit such User-Generated Content to Florence. (For example, if someone has taken a picture of you and your friend, and you submit that photo to Florence as your User-Generated Content, then you must obtain your friend’s and the photographer’s permission to do so.)
- Speaking of Photos: No Pictures, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Site, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know – and only if you have their express permission to submit it.
- Act Appropriately. All of your Site activities must be venue appropriate, as determined by us. Be respectful of others’ opinions and comments so we can continue to build Communities for everyone to enjoy. If you think your User-Generated Content might offend someone or be embarrassing to someone, then chances are it probably will and it doesn’t belong on the Site. Cursing, harassing, stalking, insulting comments, personal attacks, gossip, and similar actions are prohibited. Your User-Generated Content must not threaten, abuse, or harm others, and it must not include any negative comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or physical handicap. Your User-Generated Content must not be defamatory, slanderous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit.
- Do Not Use for Commercial or Political Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not advertise or promote a product or Site or other commercial activity, or a politician, public servant, or law.
- Do Not Use for Inappropriate Purposes. Your User-Generated Content must not promote any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity.
- Be Honest and Do Not Misrepresent Yourself or Your User-Generated Content. Do not impersonate any other person, user, or company, and do not submit User-Generated Content that you believe may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company.
- Others Can See. We hope that you will use the Communities to exchange information and content and have venue appropriate discussions with other members. However, please remember that the Communities are public or semi-public and User-Generated Content that you submit on the Site within a Community may be accessible and viewable by other users. Do not submit Personal Data on Community spaces and take care when disclosing this type of information to others.
- Don’t Share Other Peoples’ Personal Data. Your User-Generated Content should not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual, unless, and in the form and by the method, specifically requested by Florence.
- Don’t Damage the Site or Anyone’s Computers or Other Devices. Your User-Generated Content must not submit viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Site or any computer or other Device.
If you submit User-Generated Content that Florence reasonably believes violates these Rules, then we may take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We may require, at any time, proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User-Generated Content in question being removed from the Site.
(ii) Your Interactions With Other Users; Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Site, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any Personal Data or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
6. Procedure For Alleging Copyright Infringement
a) DMCA Notice. Florence will respond appropriately to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), as set forth below. If you own a copyright in a work (or represent such a copyright owner) and believe that your (or such owner’s) copyright in that work has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Site, then you may send us a written notice that includes all of the following:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice”;
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
(iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Site on which the material appears);
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner (or, if you are not the copyright owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed); and
(vii) your electronic or physical signature.
Florence will only respond to DMCA Notices that it receives by mail or e-mail at the addresses below:
By Mail: Florence Beauty, LLC, 2210 E Maple Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245 (Attn: Legal Dept.)
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is often difficult to determine if your copyright has been infringed. Florence may elect to not respond to DMCA Notices that do not substantially comply with all of the foregoing requirements, and Florence may elect to remove allegedly infringing material that comes to its attention via notices that do not substantially comply with the DMCA.
Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing work. That person may elect to send us a DMCA Counter-Notification.
Without limiting Florence’s other rights, Florence may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate a repeat infringer’s access to the Site and any other website owned or operated by Florence. See Section 3, above.
b) Counter-Notification. If access on the Site to a work that you submitted to Florence is disabled or the work is removed as a result of a DMCA Notice, and if you believe that the disabled access or removal is the result of mistake or misidentification, then you may send us a DMCA Counter-Notification to the addresses above. Your DMCA Counter-Notification should contain the following information:
(i) a legend or subject line that says: “DMCA Counter-Notification”;
(ii) a description of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled (please include the URL of the Site from which the material was removed or access to it disabled);
(iii) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(iv) your full name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and the username of your account;
(v) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which your address is located (or, if the address is located outside the U.S.A., to the jurisdiction of the United States District Court for the Central District of California), and that you will accept Site of process from the person who provided DMCA notification to us or an agent of such person; and
(vi) your electronic or physical signature. Please note that the DMCA provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.
If we receive a DMCA Counter-Notification, then we may replace the material that we removed (or stop disabling access to it) in not less than ten (10) and not more than fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the DMCA Counter-Notification. However, we will not do this if we first receive notice at the addresses above that the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice has filed a lawsuit asking a court for an order restraining the person who provided the material from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Site. You should also be aware that we may forward the Counter-Notification to the party who sent us the DMCA Copyright Infringement Notice
7. Procedure For Alleging Infringement of Other Intellectual Property
If you own intellectual property other than copyrights and believe that your intellectual property has been infringed by an improper posting or distribution of it via the Site, then you may send us a written notice to the addresses set forth above that includes all of the following:
(a) a legend or subject line that says: “Intellectual Property Infringement Notice”;
(b) a description of the intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
(c) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing or is the subject of infringing activity is located that is reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (please include the URL of the Site on which the material appears);
(d) your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
(e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the owner of the intellectual property, its agent, or the law;
(f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that all the information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the owner of the intellectual property at issue (or, if you are not the owner, then your statement must indicate that you are authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of the intellectual property that is allegedly infringed); and
(g) your electronic or physical signature.
We will act on such notices in our sole discretion. Any user of the Site that fails to respond satisfactorily to Florence with regard to any such notice is subject to suspension or termination. We may send the information that you provide in your notice to the person who provided the allegedly infringing material.
8. Notices, Questions and Customer Service
You agree that: (i) we may give you notices of new, revised or changed terms and other important matters by prominently posting notice on the home page of the Site, or in another reasonable manner; and (ii) we may contact you by mail or email sent to the address provided by you. You agree to promptly notify us if you change your email or mailing address by updating your account information.
If you have a question regarding using the Site, you may contact us here. You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at Florence’s sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind.
9. Links by You to the Site
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Site, so long as: (a) the links do not use any Trademarks; (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Florence or cause any other confusion; and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Florence or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Florence. Florence reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Site for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
10. Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
a) Linked Sites; Advertisements. The Site may contain links, as part of third-party ads on the Site or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Sites”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Florence. Florence may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Sites, and Florence does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Sites. Florence does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Florence is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such sites. Finally, Florence will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Sites. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Sites. Florence disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
b) Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Site (including on or via Linked Sites or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Florence disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
11. Wireless & Location Based Features and Other Telephonic Communications
a) Wireless Features. The Site may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Site’s features and upload content to the Site, receive messages from the Site, and download applications to your wireless Device (collectively, “Wireless Features”). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
b) Terms of Wireless Features. You agree that as to the Wireless Features for which you are registered for, we may send communications to your wireless Device regarding us or other parties. Further, we may collect information related to your use of the Wireless Features. If you have registered via the Site for Wireless Features, then you agree to notify Florence of any changes to your wireless contact information (including phone number) and update your accounts on the Site to reflect the changes.
d) Call Recording and Monitoring. You acknowledge that telephone calls to or from Florence may be monitored and recorded and you agree to such monitoring and recording.
e) Providing Telephone Numbers and Other Contact Information. You verify that any contact information provided to Florence, including, but not limited to, your name, mailing address, email address, your residential or business telephone number, and/or your mobile telephone number, is true and accurate. You verify that you are the current subscriber or owner of any telephone number that you provide to us. Should you change any of your contact information, including telephone numbers, you agree to notify us before the change goes into effect by email at email@example.com.
f) Your Consent to Receive Automated Calls/Texts. You acknowledge that by voluntarily providing your telephone number(s) to Florence, you expressly agree to receive prerecorded voice messages and/or autodialed calls and text messages from us related to our promotions, products, any transaction with us, and/or your relationship with Florence. These telephone calls and text messages may include, for example but not by way of limitation, promotional offers and changes to your account. You agree to receive calls and text messages from us even if you cancel your account or terminate your relationship with us, except if you opt-out, as provided below. Consent to receive promotional automated calls/texts is not a condition of purchasing any goods or services. These calls or text messages may be made even if your telephone number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. You acknowledge that you may incur a charge for these calls or text messages by your telephone carrier and that Florence is not responsible for these charges.
g) Opt-Out Instructions. You may opt-out of automated calls or text messages at any time. To opt-out of text messages, text STOP to any text message you receive. For help, text HELP. You acknowledge and agree to accept a final text message confirming your opt-out. We may use different shortcodes for different messaging purposes, so texting STOP to one shortcode will not effectuate a stop request for all shortcodes to which you are subscribed. If you would like to stop messages from multiple shortcodes, text STOP to each shortcode to which you would like to unsubscribe. To opt-out of automated telephone calls (but not text messages), you must (i) provide us with written notice revoking your consent; (ii) in that written notice, you must include your full name, mailing address, and the specific phone number(s) for which you wish to cease telephonic communications; and (iii) send this written notice to Florence Beauty, LLC, 2210 E Maple Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245, Attn: _____ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.If you have any questions about opting out, please contact us at email@example.com. Please allow up to thirty (30) days to process any opt-out request. Please note that if you opt out of automated calls or texts, we reserve the right to make non-automated calls to you relating to your account, any transaction, or your relationship with us. Your obligations under this Section will survive termination of these Registration Terms.
It is possible that a third-party or affiliate may have purchased your contact information and thus You may continue to receive communications from those third-parties. Florence is not responsible for stopping all unwanted contact from sources beyond our immediate control. Please contact those third-parties directly to inform them of your contact preferences.
h) Indemnification. You agree to indemnify Florence for any privacy, tort, or other claims or potential claims, including claims under the Federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act or its state law equivalent, relating to your voluntary provision of a telephone number that is not owned by you and/or your failure to notify us of any changes in your contact information, including telephone number. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold us harmless from and against any and all such claims, losses, liability, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees). We shall have the exclusive right to choose counsel, at your expense, to defend any such claims.
12. Dispute Resolution
Certain portions of this Section 12 are deemed to be a “written agreement to arbitrate” pursuant to the Federal Arbitration Act. You and Florence agree that we intend that this Section 12 satisfies the “writing” requirement of the Federal Arbitration Act. This Section 12 can only be amended by mutual agreement.
a) First – Try to Resolve Disputes and Excluded Disputes. If any controversy, allegation, or claim arises out of or relates to the Site, the Content, your User-Generated Content, these Terms, or any Additional Terms, whether heretofore or hereafter arising (collectively, “Dispute”), or to any of Florence' actual or alleged intellectual property rights (an “Excluded Dispute”, which includes those actions set forth in Section 12(D), then you and we agree to send a written notice to the other providing a reasonable description of the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, along with a proposed resolution of it. Our notice to you will be sent to you based on the most recent contact information that you provide us. But if no such contact information exists or if such information is not current, then we have no obligation under this Section 12(A). Your notice to us must be sent to: Florence Beauty, LLC, 2210 E Maple Ave, El Segundo, CA 90245. (Attn: Legal Department). For a period of sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of notice from the other party, Florence and you will engage in a dialogue in order to attempt to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute, though nothing will require either you or Florence to resolve the Dispute or Excluded Dispute on terms with respect to which you and Florence, in each of our sole discretion, are not comfortable.
b) Binding Arbitration. If we cannot resolve a Dispute as set forth in Section 12(A) (or agree to arbitration in writing with respect to an Excluded Dispute) within sixty (60) days of receipt of the notice, then ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING BETWEEN YOU AND FLORENCE MUST BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION. THIS INCLUDES ANY AND ALL DISPUTES BASED ON ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE OR ADVERTISING CONNECTED TO THE PROVISION OR USE OF THE SITE (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, STATUTE, REGULATION, ORDINANCE, TORT - INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, ANY OTHER INTENTIONAL TORT OR COMMON LAW, CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION, RESPONDEAT SUPERIOR, AGENCY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY - AND WHETHER ARISING BEFORE OR AFTER THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF THESE TERMS. The Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) shall govern the arbitrability of all disputes between Florence and you regarding these Terms (and any Additional Terms) and the Site, including the No Class Action Matters section below. BY AGREEING TO ARBITRATE, EACH PARTY IS GIVING UP ITS RIGHT TO GO TO COURT AND HAVE ANY DISPUTE HEARD BY A JUDGE OR JURY. Florence and you agree, however, that the state of California or federal law shall apply to and govern, as appropriate, any and all claims or causes of action, remedies, and damages arising between you and Florence regarding these Terms and the Site, whether arising or stated in contract, statute, common law, or any other legal theory, without regard to the state of California’s choice of law principles.
A Dispute will be resolved solely by binding arbitration in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules (“Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), except as modified herein, and in accordance with the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes. The arbitration will be administered by the AAA. If an in-person arbitration hearing is required, then it will be conducted in the “metropolitan statistical area” (as defined by the U.S. Census Bureau) where you are a resident at the time the Dispute is submitted to arbitration. You and we will pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees and other costs in accordance with the applicable arbitration rules; but if applicable arbitration rules or laws require Florence to pay a greater portion or all of such fees and costs in order for this Section 12 to be enforceable, then Florence will have the right to elect to pay the fees and costs and proceed to arbitration. The arbitrator will apply and be bound by these Terms and any Additional Terms, and will determine any Dispute according to applicable law and facts based upon the record and no other basis, and will issue a reasoned award only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. Issues relating to the enforceability of the arbitration and class action waiver provisions contained herein are for the court to decide. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of these Terms or the Site. You can obtain AAA procedures, rules, and fee information as follows: 800.778.7879 and http://www.adr.org.
c) Limited Time to File Claims. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU OR WE WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE (BUT NOT A EXCLUDED DISPUTE) AGAINST THE OTHER, THEN YOU OR WE MUST COMMENCE IT (BY DELIVERY OF WRITTEN NOTICE AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12(A)) WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES -- OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED. Commencing means, as applicable (a) by delivery of written notice as set forth above in Section 12(A); (b) filing for arbitration with the AAA as set forth in Section 12(B); or (c) filing an action in state or Federal court. The parties expressly waive any contrary statute of limitations or time bars, both legal and equitable, to the Disputes.
d) Injunctive Relief. The foregoing provisions of this Section 12 will not apply to any legal action taken by Florence to seek an injunction or other equitable relief in connection with, any loss, cost, or damage (or any potential loss, cost, or damage) relating to the Site, any Content, your User-Generated Content and/or Florence’ intellectual property rights (including such Florence may claim that may be in dispute), Florence’ operations, and/or Florence’ products or services.
e) No Class Action Matters. YOU AND FLORENCE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OR AS AN ASSOCIATION. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be joined or consolidated with any other arbitrations or other proceedings that involve any claim or controversy of any other party. There shall be no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class action basis or on any basis involving Disputes brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public, or other persons or entities similarly situated. But if, for any reason, any court with competent jurisdiction holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then our agreement in Section 12(B) to arbitrate will not apply and the Dispute must be brought exclusively in court pursuant to Section 12(F). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 12, any and all issues relating to the scope, interpretation and enforceability of the class action waiver provisions contained herein (described in this “No Class Action Matters” section), are to be decided only by a court of competent jurisdiction, and not by the arbitrator. The arbitrator does not have the power to vary these class action waiver provisions.
f) Federal and State Courts in Los Angeles County, California. Except where arbitration is required above, small claims actions, or with respect to the enforcement of any arbitration decision or award, any action or proceeding relating to any Dispute or Excluded Dispute arising hereunder may only be instituted in state or Federal court in Los Angeles County, California. Accordingly, you and Florence consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of such courts for such matters.
g) Small Claims Matters Are Excluded from Arbitration Requirement. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either of us may bring qualifying claim of Disputes (but not Excluded Disputes) in small claims court of competent jurisdiction.
13) DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Florence and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Florence Parties”) hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
(a) the Site (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
(b) the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Site;
(c) any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Site;
(d) security associated with the transmission of your User-Generated Content transmitted to Florence via the Site;
(e) whether the Site or the servers that make the Site available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
(f) whether the information (including any instructions) on the Site is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
(g) whether any defects to or errors on the Site will be repaired or corrected;
(h) whether your access to the Site will be uninterrupted;
(i) whether the Site will be available at any particular time or location; and
(h) whether your use of the Site is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN OR IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A FLORENCE PARTY, FLORENCE PARTIES HEREBY FURTHER DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
14. LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY FLORENCE PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
(a) the Site (including the Content and the User-Generated Content);
(b) your use of or inability to use the Site, or the performance of the Site;
(c) any action taken in connection with an investigation by Florence Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Site;
(d) any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
(e) any errors or omissions in the Site’s technical operation; or
(f) any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if Florence Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Site).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL FLORENCE PARTIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID FLORENCE IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLIE THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE.
15. Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, APPLICATION, CONTENT, USER-GENERATED CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY FLORENCE (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED USER-GENERATED CONTENT) OR A LICENSOR OF FLORENCE.
16. Updates to Terms
These Terms (or if applicable Additional Terms), in the form posted at the time of your use of the applicable services to which it applies, shall govern such use (including transactions entered during such use). AS OUR SITE EVOLVES, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE OFFER THE SITE MAY PROSPECTIVELY BE MODIFIED AND WE MAY CEASE OFFERING THE SITE UNDER THE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR WHICH THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. ACCORDINGLY, EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE SITE YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF OTHER TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE SITE (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE OTHER TERMS FOR YOUR NEW USE AND TRANSACTIONS. Therefore, you should review the posted terms of service and any applicable Additional Terms each time you use the Site (at least prior to each transaction or submission). The new terms will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. However, the terms of service (and any applicable Additional Terms) that applied when you previously used the Site will continue to apply to such prior use (i.e., changes and additions are prospective only) unless mutually agreed. In the event any notice to you of new, revised or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You should frequently check the home page, your account and the email you associated with your account for notices, all of which you agree are reasonable manners of providing you notice. You can reject any new, revised or Additional Terms by discontinuing use of the Site and related services.
17. General Provisions
a) Florence’ Consent or Approval. As to any provision in these Terms or any Additional Terms that grants Florence a right of consent or approval, or permits Florence to exercise a right in its “sole discretion,” Florence may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Florence consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Florence without being in writing and signed by an officer of Florence.
b) Applicable Law. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
c) Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Florence Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Florence Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with, whether occurring heretofore or hereafter: (i) your User-Generated Content; (ii) your use of the Site and your activities in connection with the Site; (iii) your breach or alleged breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or alleged violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Site or your activities in connection with the Site; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vii) Florence Parties’ use of the information that you submit to us (including your User-Generated Content) (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by Florence Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Florence Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Florence Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Florence Party.
d) Operation of Site; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. Florence controls and operates the Site from its U.S.-based offices in the U.S.A., and Florence makes no representation that the Site is appropriate or available for use beyond the U.S.A. If you use the Site from other locations, you are doing so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. The Site may describe products and services that are available only in the U.S.A. (or only parts of it) and are not available worldwide. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Site and/or the provision of any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Site to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. You and we disclaim any application to these Terms of the Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
e) Export Controls. Software related to or made available by the Site may be subject to export controls of the U.S.A. No software from the Site may be downloaded, exported, or re-exported: (i) into (or to a national or resident of) any country or other jurisdiction to which the U.S.A. has embargoed goods, software, technology or services (which, as of the effective date of these Terms, includes Cuba, North Korea, Iran, Sudan, and Syria), or (ii) to anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Deny Orders, or (iii) to anyone on the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security Entities List as published in the Export Administration Regulations (including entities engaged in weapons of mass destruction proliferation in various countries and persons and entities that are suspected of diverting U.S. origin items to embargoed countries or terrorist end-uses). You are responsible for complying with all trade regulations and laws both foreign and domestic. Except as authorized by law, you agree and warrant not to export or re-export the software to any county, or to any person, entity, or end-user subject to U.S. export controls, including as set forth in subsections (i) – (iii) above.
f) Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word “including” is used in these Terms or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean “including, without limitation,”.
g) Communications. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via email and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
h) Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. Florence reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Site security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Florence in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Site, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Florence under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Site, or upon notice from Florence, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Site. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Florence in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
i) Assignment. Florence may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Florence.
j) No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Florence in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
k) U.S. Government Restricted Rights. If you are a government end user, then this provision applies to you. The Service provided in connection with these Terms has been developed entirely at private expense, as defined in FAR section 2.101, DFARS section 252.227-7014(a)(1) and DFARS section 252.227-7015 (or any equivalent or subsequent agency regulation thereof), and is provided as “commercial items,” “commercial computer site” and/or “commercial computer site documentation.” Consistent with DFARS section 227.7202 and FAR section 12.212 and to the extent required under U.S. federal law, the minimum restricted rights as set forth in FAR section 52.227-19 (or any equivalent or subsequent agency regulation thereof), any use, modification, reproduction, release, performance, display, disclosure or distribution thereof by or for the U.S. Government shall be governed solely by these Terms and shall be prohibited except to the extent expressly permitted by these Terms.
l) California Consumer Rights and Notices. Residents of California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights information: you may contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at: 400 R St., Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254. Their website is located at: http://www.dca.ca.gov.
m) Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service provider, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Service and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.
Consumer Review Panel Terms and Conditions
- OVERVIEW. The Florence by Mills Consumer Review Panel (“Panel”) is a program designed to provide fans of the Florence by Mills brand an opportunity to try new or existing Florence by Mills products (each a “Product”). In exchange for this opportunity, members of the Panel will provide a review of each Product they receive on FlorencebyMills.com and Ulta.com. Remember, each review must be accompanied by a clear and conspicuous disclosure, which is more clearly explained in the Social Media Policy.
- ELIGIBILITY. Panel is open to individuals legally residing in the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States or the District of Columbia who are at least sixteen (16) years of age or older. Employees and agents of Florence by Mills and its agencies, distributors, wholesalers and retailers, and members of such employees’ and agents’ immediate families and individuals living in the same household with such employees, are not eligible to participate in the Panel. Participation in the Panel is limited to eligible individuals located in the 48 United States. Do not apply or participate if you are not eligible. If you become ineligible, (g. you move outside of the 48 United States), please email florencepanel@florencebymills.
- PRODUCTS. Products will be shipped to participants for free. All Products must be used as directed. Products are provided “as is” and without any warranty of any kind and may not be substituted except in Florence by Mills’s sole discretion. Florence by Mills makes no representation, warranty, or guarantee as to the number of Products, types of Products, frequency of delivery, or any other specifications relating to the Products or your participation in the Panel. Products may not be resold, transferred, or redeemed for cash. Florence by Mills is not liable for delays, theft, damage, misdirection, or cancellation of any Product shipment. Lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed Products will not be replaced by Florence by Mills. Products are subject to availability and are subject to change without notice.
- USE OF YOUR LIKENESS; REVIEWS. Except where prohibited by law, each participant grants (and agrees to confirm this grant in writing, if requested) permission for Florence by Mills and those acting under its authority to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify participant’s name, photograph, voice, likeness, and/or any Product testimonials and/or reviews provided in connection with the Panel for advertising and/or publicity purposes in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without compensation to, notice to, or approval by any participant. Publication of any Product review further constitutes the participant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Florence by Mills any all rights, title and interest in the review, including, without limitation, all copyrights. By participating in the Panel, participants hereby represent and warrant that each Product review complies with the Social Media Policy, including that no such review contains any copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity or other intellectual property or confidential information of any third party and that each review constitutes the full, honest, and truthful opinion of the participant.
- YOUR PARTICIPATION. Participation is subject to all rules and conditions set by Florence by Mills including, without limitation, the Social Media Policy, which may be revised by Florence by Mills at any time without notice and are subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating in the Panel, each participant acknowledges and agrees to compliance with these Terms and Conditions. Florence by Mills may, at any time, among other things, (i) terminate, limit, suspend, or deny participation, or remove any participant from the Panel for any reason, including inappropriate conduct, such as conduct that is disruptive, or for failing to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Social Media Policy or any other instructions of Florence by Mills or its agents or representatives; (ii) change Panel benefits, conditions of participation, or any other feature or aspect of the Panel; or (iii) limit the number of, or pre-qualifications of participants in the Panel. Florence by Mills reserves the right to end the Panel upon five (5) days prior written notice. Florence by Mills may make any one or more of these changes at any time. Participation in the Panel is non-transferable and may not be shared by two or more individuals. Florence by Mills is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of any participant.
- MINORS. If a participant is considered a minor in their jurisdiction of residence, a parent or legal guardian must consent to participant’s participation in the Panel before applying or participating.
- TAXES. Panel participants are solely responsible for any federal, state, local and foreign taxes, if any, and any additional costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of any Product or participation in the Panel, whether or not such Product(s) are used.
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PARTIES. Participants acknowledge and agree that participation in the Panel shall not create or constitute an employee/employer relationship and shall not entitle to participant to any compensation or other benefits.
- OTHER CONDITIONS. By participating in the Panel, participants agree to release and hold harmless Florence by Mills and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotional agencies, wholesalers and retailers, and each of the foregoing entities’ employees, officers, directors, shareholders and agents (collectively the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all claims, actions and/or liability for any injuries or death, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in the Panel or acceptance or use of any Product or participation in any Panel-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, and merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for any incorrect or inaccurate participant information, and assume no responsibility for (i) any error, omission, interruption, defect, or delay in operation or transmission at any website; (ii) any technical problems, human error, or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iii) communications line, hardware and/or software failures; (iv) damage to any computer (software or hardware) resulting from participation in the Panel; or (v) Products or Panel applications which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete and/or postage due (or any combination thereof). Any participant who attempts to tamper with the successful administration or operation of the Panel in any way shall be removed.
- RELEASE. As a condition of participating in the Panel, participants (or their parent or legal guardian if participant is an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Released Parties, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Product; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with the Panel, or any Product provided, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs; and (e) any participant’s remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and each participant hereby irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY PARTICIPANT.
- GOVERNING LAW. The Terms and Conditions and the Panel are governed by US law and are subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions, or the rights and obligations of any participant or Florence by Mills in connection with Panel, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof. Participants hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located within the State of California, Los Angeles, United States of America.
- MISCELLANEOUS. If any term of these Terms and Conditions shall be declared by any court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable then such terms as are not so declared will remain in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions and any relevant policies and instructions by Florence by Mills constitute the entire agreement between participant and Florence by Mills and supersede any prior understandings, agreements, or representations by or between the parties.
- Scope and use of Services
- Use of the Services and links to websites and online services owned or controlled by third parties
- Prohibited use
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Account Information
In order to use the Services, User needs to create a personal account (“Account”), unless User is not already registered on the e-commerce website www.florencebymills.com, User must first register by providing full name, e-mail address, password (or sign in using Facebook, Google or Apple) and accept these Terms. User must provide the information, in the format requested, during the registration process. User shall ensure that the information provided during the registration process is accurate, complete and truthful. The Company may, at its sole discretion, revoke the Account’s registrations. It is User’s own responsibility to keep its log-in credentials to the Account secure and confidential. In any case, User must not disclose its credentials to any third party. Any and all activities that will occur via User’s Account will be its sole responsibility. If User knows or suspects that anyone other than User knows your username or password, User must promptly notify the Company.
Company may install effective technological protection measures on the Services, including Digital Right Management (“DRM”), which comprises all technologies, devices or components that are intended to prevent or restrict unauthorized acts during normal functioning. Company may also include electronic information about the existing rights to the Services.
- Duration of the Services
- Disclaimer for Warranties
- Company’s Limitation on Liability
- Transfer of agreement
Company may transfer rights and obligations as provided under these Terms to another entity or person. If the above transfer occurs, then Company will make a reasonable effort to notify the User.
- Data Protection
- Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
Company and User agree that these Terms shall be governed by, construed, and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without regard to the principles of conflict laws. Without any prejudice to the applicable consumer law, venue of any dispute or action relating to, or arising out of, this Terms shall lie exclusively in the State and Federal Courts located in New York, and the Company and User irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.